No new COVID19 case, results show two positive tests historical
Samoa has no further positive tests for COVID19, apart from the two cases last week.
This was announced by the Director General of the Ministry of Health, Leausa Dr. Take Naseri, this afternoon during a special press conference hosted by the National Emergency Operation Centre at the Government building.
Asked about the tests sent to Wellington last Friday, Leausa said both cases are "historical."
With each testing conducted on the pair, Leausa said the viral count is "low".
"There is no concern whether there will be a large infectivity from these two cases," said Leausa.
"Despite this, we are taking extra care just in case we miss anything. This is a new virus for all of us, we do not fully know how we will react to the virus."
The sailor was said to be initially infected with the virus back in May, and the 70 year old initially infected in August this year.
This is a developing story.