Six Flags Announces Reopening of Six Flags Great America Parks
ARLINGTON, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 22, 2021--
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, today announced that another of its parks has received state authorization to reopen with a full complement of rides and attractions. Six Flags Great America, in Gurnee, Illinois, will open for its 45 th year on April 24, 2021. In addition, the waterpark in Gurnee will open with a separate gate on May 29, at which time Hurricane Harbor Chicago will become the company’s 27 th park. The parks will operate at reduced attendance levels, in accordance with state reopening guidelines for theme parks, utilizing a reservation system. The park will also continue to implement the extensive safety measures introduced during its Holiday in the Park Lights event in 2020.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210322005240/en/
Six Flags Entertainment announces that Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois will open on April 24, 2021 and Hurricane Harbor Chicago will open on May 29, 2021 as a separate gate, becoming the company's 27th park. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are thrilled to add Six Flags Great America to the growing list of Six Flags parks that are either already open or have a firm reopening date, including Hurricane Harbor Rockford,” said Senior Vice President of Park Operations, Bonnie Weber. “Last year, we safely entertained nearly seven million guests in adherence to government and CDC health guidelines, and we continue to set the standard for safe operations at each of our parks,” continued Weber.
Six Flags Great America’s Park President Hank Salemi added, “Six Flags Great America is a beloved summer tradition for many, and we are excited to open our park and get our world-class collection of thrills running again. Our team is eager to welcome back our guests in a safe environment, providing the much-needed fun we have all missed this past year.”
Open Six Flags Parks
Currently 23 of the company’s 27 parks are open or have approval to open for the 2021 season, and Six Flags continues to work with government officials to gain authorization to operate its remaining properties. The following parks have already opened, or will be opening soon, with a full lineup of rides and attractions. Those parks include:
- Six Flags Over Texas – open year-round;
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – open year-round;
- Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec – opened February 27;
- Six Flags Over Georgia – opened March 6;
- Six Flags America – opened March 6;
- Frontier City – opened March 13;
- Hurricane Harbor Phoenix – opened March 13;
- Six Flags Mexico – opened March 18;
- Six Flags St. Louis – opened March 20;
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark – opening March 26;
- Six Flags Great Adventure – opening March 27;
- Six Flags Magic Mountain – opening April 1;
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom – opening April 1;
- Six Flags Great America – opening April 24;
- The Great Escape – opening May 1;
- Hurricane Harbor Splashtown – opening May 1;
- Hurricane Harbor Arlington – opening May 1;
- Six Flags White Water – opening May 8;
- Hurricane Harbor New Jersey – opening May 15;
- Hurricane Harbor OKC – opening May 15;
- Six Flags Darien Lake – opening May 21;
- Hurricane Harbor Chicago – opening May 29; and
- Hurricane Harbor Rockford – opening May 29.
Park reopening dates are subject to change based on local, state, and federal guidelines related to COVID-19.
Six Flags’ safety plan, developed in consultation with infectious disease experts and utilized throughout the Six Flags network of parks, provides for execution at the highest levels of hygiene and social distancing protocols. The park will adjust these procedures as needed to ensure continued compliance with state recommendations.
Park Reservations System to Control Capacity
Six Flags has established attendance caps that are in accordance with current state guidelines to allow for proper social distancing. All Members, Season Pass holders and all guests with a single-day or group ticket will need to make a reservation at www.sixflags.com/reserve. Guests who buy single day tickets will be able to reserve during the purchase process.
Health and safety protocols include:
- Masks will be required to be worn by employees and all guests over the age of two;
- Contactless IR thermal imaging will be used to screen temperatures of guests and employees prior to entry;
- Advanced security screening technology will allow for touchless bag checks;
- Easy-to-identify distance markers have been added in all park entry, restroom, retail locations, and ride and dining queue lines to encourage social distancing;
- Modified menus and implementation of mobile food ordering will help facilitate touchless transactions;
- Self-service buffets and salad bars will be reconfigured to eliminate guest contact with food;
- Increased sanitization and disinfecting of high touch points including all public seating, tabletops, counters, handrails, doors, and trash cans will occur frequently;
- Restroom staff will be available to disinfect each stall and sink area on a frequent basis;
- Multiple alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout the park;
- Safety messaging and reminders will be communicated on Six Flags’ website, newsletters, and in-park announcements; and
- Frontline team members will go through extensive COVID-19 training.
Virtual Hiring Fairs
As one of the largest seasonal employers in the country, Six Flags is currently hiring thousands of team members for the 2021 season. The safety of park guests and employees is always the company’s top priority, and applicants may now apply for jobs in a virtual and contact-free environment.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Great America & Hurricane Harbor Chicago
Six Flags Great America is located between Chicago and Milwaukee and offers endless adventures for the entire family with 17 heart-pounding roller coasters, the 20-acre Hurricane Harbor Chicago water park, spectacular shows, and four children's themed areas with more than 30 attractions.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210322005240/en/
CONTACT: Sandra Daniels
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS TEXAS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMER THEME PARKS WOMEN TEENS MEN
SOURCE: Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 03/22/2021 07:00 AM/DISC: 03/22/2021 07:01 AM