Publishing Market - Actionable Research on COVID-19 | Growing Popularity of E-books to Boost Market Growth | Technavio
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 1, 2020--
The global publishing market size is poised to grow by USD 23.73 billion during 2020-2024, progressing at a CAGR of over 1% throughout the forecast period, according to the latest report by Technavio. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment. The report also provides the market impact and new opportunities created due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Download a Free Sample of REPORT with COVID-19 Crisis and Recovery Analysis.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201001005739/en/
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Publishing Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire)
E-books are increasingly becoming popular among learners, as they are convenient and enable easy access to multiple books at the same time through subscription plans. The launch of smart devices has further increased the accessibility of e-books over digital platforms. The availability of e-books has also increased in e-commerce sites, which has provided vendors an opportunity to further expand their customer base. Some of the popular e-commerce vendors that offer e-books include eBay, Amazon, Walmart, and the Alibaba Group. Therefore, the rising popularity of e-books is expected to drive the growth of the global publishing market during the forecast period.
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports. Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
- The major publishing market growth came from the traditional publishing segment in 2019. This is due to the adoption of various business strategies such as the paid model by newspaper publishers.
- APAC was the largest market for publishing in 2019, and the region will offer several growth opportunities to market vendors during the forecast period. This is attributed to the growing adoption of technology in the education sector of rapidly emerging economies such as India and China.
- The global publishing market is concentrated. Amazon.com Inc., Cambridge University Press, Hachette Book Group Inc., McGraw-Hill Education Inc., News Corp., Oxford University Press, Pearson Plc, RELX Group Plc, Springer-Verlag GmbH, and Thomson Reuters Holdings Inc. are some of the major market participants. To help clients improve their market position, this publishing market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the market leaders.
- As the business impact of COVID-19 spreads, the global publishing market 2020-2024 is expected to have positive. As the pandemic spreads in some regions and plateaus in other regions, we continue to revaluate the impact on businesses and update our report forecasts.
Read the full report here:https://www.technavio.com/report/publishing-market-size-industry-analysis
Rise in the number of indie and self-published authors will be a Key Market Trend
Many authors now prefer to self publish their content as it eliminates the dependence on publishers. Self-publishing also saves time and cost and is more profitable for authors. In the traditional book publishing market, authors earned only 15%-20% of their book’s cost as royalty. However, in self-publishing authors can earn nearly 60%-80% of the cost of their books. Moreover, by self-publishing authors eliminate the risk of losing the rights and control over their books. Many such benefits have increased the number of indie and self-published authors over the years. This trend is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global publishing market during the forecast period.
Technavio’s sample reports are free of charge and contain multiple sections of the report, such as the market size and forecast, drivers, challenges, trends, and more. Request a free sample report
Publishing Market 2020-2024: Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist publishing market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the publishing market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the publishing market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of publishing market vendors
Buy 1 Technavio report and get the second for 50% off. Buy 2 Technavio reports and get the third for free.
- Market Overview
- Market ecosystem
- Value chain analysis
- Market definition
- Market segment analysis
- Market size 2019
- Market outlook: Forecast for 2019 - 2024
Five Forces Analysis
- Five Forces Summary
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Threat of rivalry
- Market condition
Market Segmentation by Platform
- Market segments
- Comparison by Platform placement
- Traditional - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Digital - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Market opportunity by Platform
- Geographic segmentation
- Geographic comparison
- North America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Europe - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- APAC - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- MEA - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- South America - Market size and forecast 2019-2024
- Key leading countries
- Market opportunity by geography
Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
- Market drivers
- Volume driver - Demand led growth
- Volume driver - Supply led growth
- Volume driver - External factors
- Volume driver - Demand shift in adjacent markets
- Price driver - Inflation
- Price driver - Shift from lower to higher-priced units
- Market challenges
- Market trends
- Vendor landscape
- Landscape disruption
- Vendors covered
- Market positioning of vendors
- Amazon.com Inc.
- Cambridge University Press
- Hachette Book Group Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Education, Inc.
- News Corp.
- Oxford University Press
- Pearson Plc
- RELX Group Plc
- Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Thomson Reuters Holdings Inc.
- Scope of the report
- Currency conversion rates for US$
- Research methodology
- List of abbreviations
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201001005739/en/
CONTACT: Technavio Research
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: COMMUNICATIONS ENTERTAINMENT PUBLISHING BOOKS
SOURCE: Technavio Research
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 10/01/2020 06:00 PM/DISC: 10/01/2020 06:00 PM