Comcast Makes Xfinity Flex Available to Internet-only Customers for Free
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 18, 2019--
Comcast today announced that Xfinity Flex is now included with an Xfinity Internet-only subscription, providing millions of new and existing customers with the ability to easily access their favorite streaming services and manage their connected home devices right on the TV. Xfinity Flex leverages Xfinity X1 technology to deliver a truly differentiated platform and add incredible value for streaming-first Internet customers. Xfinity Flex comes with an Internet-connected, 4K UHD streaming TV device, the award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote, a redesigned guide, and more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190918005515/en/
Comcast today announced that Xfinity Flex is now included with an Xfinity Internet-only subscription. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Xfinity Flex gives customers a radically simple, aggregated television experience that personalizes their streaming choices across a sea of apps and services,” said Matt Strauss, Executive Vice President, Xfinity Services, Comcast Cable. “Today’s Internet customers need more than speed—they want wall-to-wall WiFi coverage, simplified control of their connected home, and the best streaming experience. With Xfinity xFi and Xfinity Flex, we are including all of that and more with our Internet service, all in one place, on the best screen in the home.”
The entire Xfinity Flex experience can be navigated and controlled with the Xfinity Voice Remote, and includes:
- A personalized guide with universal voice control, featuring a new home page with live, immersive tiles that help customers quickly get back into what they were watching
- A new “Free to Me” destination where customers can easily browse more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows, and live streaming including live news and sports, from networks such as ESPN3, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, Xumo, Cheddar, YouTube, Sky News, in addition to all the content included with their streaming subscriptions from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Showtime, EPIX, Sling International and soon Peacock and Hulu
- A new grid guide that compiles available live programming across networks and apps, and a curated destination for everything new to the platform
- The ability to rent and purchase thousands of movies and shows from the digital store and access their digital lockers across platforms by pairing their account with Movies Anywhere
- The ability to browse and listen to music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and XITE using the voice remote
- The ability to easily upgrade to Xfinity TV on X1 from the guide later this year, which offers hundreds of live channels, tens of thousands of on demand titles, and a cloud DVR
Xfinity Flex also provides customers with an easy way to better manage, control and enjoy the connected home by enabling them to easily access their entertainment, find their Wi-Fi password, see what devices are connected to their network, set parental controls, and even pause Wi-Fi access on their home network. They also can use voice control to access their camera feeds, arm or disarm their home security system and find their Xfinity Mobile phone —all on the TV.
An Xfinity Flex box is included, along with the Xfinity Voice Remote, at no additional cost as part of an Xfinity Internet-only subscription. Additional boxes will be available to lease for five dollars per month per box (limit of two boxes per customer). For more information on Xfinity Flex, visit www.xfinity.com/flex.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190918005515/en/
CONTACT: Lisa Scalzo
KEYWORD: PENNSYLVANIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: VOIP MOBILE/WIRELESS RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY SECURITY TV AND RADIO BUILDING SYSTEMS TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUDIO/VIDEO SOFTWARE NETWORKS INTERNET HARDWARE ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MOBILE ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Comcast Corporation
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 09/18/2019 08:23 AM/DISC: 09/18/2019 08:23 AM