Media Quality Report Sets Local and Global Benchmarks
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 4, 2019--
Market-leading digital ad verification company, Integral Ad Science (IAS), today released the latest global media quality benchmarks on viewability, ad fraud, and brand risk. Measuring over 1 trillion media metrics daily, IAS is able to observe media quality developments as they occur in real-time. Leveraging this vast database, the Media Quality Report offers an industry barometer against which ad buyers and sellers may benchmark the quality of their campaigns and inventory.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190904005610/en/
IAS H1 2019 Media Quality Report
For the first time ever, the latest edition of the report provides a snapshot of media quality around the globe, including major digital markets and high-level benchmarks in a singular source for marketers and publishers. Across the board, IAS found that ads are becoming more viewable worldwide and that ad fraud and brand risk averages are on the decline.
- Global viewability averages surpassed 60% across all ad formats and environments in the first half of 2019.
- Desktop video ads achieved the highest average viewability rate worldwide at 71.9%, up from 69.4% in the same period a year prior.
- In the US, mobile app display ads far outperformed viewability rates worldwide at 67%, compared to the global average of 62.3%.
- Italy registered the highest viewability rate across all benchmarks and countries analyzed, with 80.4% of mobile web video ad impressions remaining in view for at least 2 seconds while half or more of the player was also in view.
- Desktop video fraud rates dropped below 1.0% worldwide, driven by steep reductions in optimized-against-ad-fraud rates in the US, UK and Italy. Across these three markets, lower fraud rates in programmatic transactions were the key factor behind the improvement.
- Worldwide brand risk averages were down by roughly one percentage point across desktop display, desktop display and mobile web display in the past year.
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 22 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190904005610/en/
CONTACT: Angela Barnett
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA NEW YORK
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ADVERTISING COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY MOBILE/WIRELESS INTERNET
SOURCE: Integral Ad Science
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 09/04/2019 09:58 AM/DISC: 09/04/2019 09:58 AM