Cvent Unveils Lists of Top Meeting Hotels in the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific for 2019
TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 21, 2019--
Cvent, a market-leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider, today released its annual lists of Top Meeting Hotels for meetings and events worldwide. The list was compiled by analyzing meeting and event booking activity through the Cvent Supplier Network (CSN), one of the world’s largest venue sourcing platforms. More than $16 billion and more than 42 million room nights were sourced through the CSN in 2018. Cvent’s Top Meeting Hotels lists rank hotels based on group business performance according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs) and conversion rate.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190521005254/en/
"The hotels featured on this year’s lists are elevating their group business strategy through innovative digital marketing and quick and complete online responses to RFPs–which is exactly what event professionals want,” said Chris McAndrews, vice president of marketing for Cvent Hospitality Cloud. "Our Top Meeting Hotels lists are consistently used by event organizers to find great hotels and by hoteliers looking to set themselves apart to increase their property’s group business revenue.”
"Being recognized as the highest-ranking hotel on this year’s list is a testament to our team and our continued dedication to providing exceptional service and amenities that event organizers and attendees look for,” said Tod Roadarmel, Area Director of Sales & Marketing, Omni Nashville Hotel, which took the number one position in the U.S. this year. “With three properties in the Top 10 from Nashville, we are proud to be leading the list and to support Nashville’s position as a prime destination for meetings and events.”
To address increased demand and buyer preferences, Cvent unveiled additional Top Meeting Hotel lists which segment hotels further based on commonly searched attributes including meeting space square footage and region-specific locales. These lists include: Top 25 Independent Meeting Hotels in the United States, Top 25 Meeting Hotels in Australia, and Top 50 Meeting Hotels in Germany, among others.
Top 10 Meeting Hotels by Region
|Omni Nashville Hotel||Hilton Prague||
JW Marriott Marquis
|Hyatt Regency Sydney|
|JW Marriott Austin||
Meliá Castilla Hotel &
InterContinental Dubai -
|Grand Hyatt Singapore|
|ARIA Resort & Casino||InterContinental Vienna||Grand Hyatt Dubai||Grand Hyatt Seoul|
|Fairmont Austin||Hilton Barcelona||Conrad Dubai||Grand Hyatt Hong Kong|
Hyatt Regency Paris
|Fairmont Dubai||Pan Pacific Singapore|
Hilton Diagonal Mar
Radisson Blu Hotel
|Hyatt Regency Atlanta||Le Méridien Etoile||
Sheraton Roma Hotel &
Radisson Blu Hotel
|Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai||
The Diplomat Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
Marina Bay Sands
U.S. List Highlights
- Five new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Fairmont Austin (Ranked 4 th )
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel (Ranked 6 th )
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta (Ranked 7 th )
- Hilton Austin (Ranked 8 th )
- The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood (Ranked 10 th )
- Newcomers to the Top 100 list include: Boca Raton Resort and Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, The Westin Charlotte, Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa, Omni Louisville Hotel, Sheraton Atlanta, and Hotel del Coronado Curio Collection by Hilton to name a few.
- Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt (in that order) are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 100 list.
Europe List Highlights
- Hilton Prague retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Hilton properties took four of the top 10 spots for generating the most group business in Europe: Hilton Prague, Hilton Barcelona, Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona, and Hilton London Metropole in that order.
- Seven unique countries make up the top ten rankings: Austria, Czech Republic, England, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Spain.
- Spain and Germany represent the largest selection of hotels on the list with 12 and 8 respectively, in the Top 50, including the following chains and brands:
- AccorHotels, Hilton, IHG, Marriott International Hotels, Meliá Hotels International, NH Hotel Group, and Radisson Hotel Group.
- Marriott, Hilton, and IHG (in that order) are the top three hotel chains represented on the Top 50 list.
Middle East and Africa List Highlights
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Seven other properties in Dubai round out the Top 10, highlighting the continued interest in hosting meetings and events in the Dubai area:
- InterContinental Dubai – Festival City (ranked 2 nd )
- Grand Hyatt Dubai (ranked 3 rd )
- Conrad Dubai (ranked 4 th )
- Fairmont Dubai (ranked 5 th )
- Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront (ranked 6 th )
- Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai (ranked 9 th )
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (ranked 10 th )
- Newcomers to the Top 25 list include: Mövenpick Hotel Mansour Eddahbi & Palais des Congrès Marrakech, InterContinental David Tel Aviv, The Meydan Hotel, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, and Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino to name a few.
- Marriott, AccorHotels, and IHG are the top three hotel chains represented on the list.
Asia Pacific (APAC) List Highlights
- Hyatt Regency Sydney retained its number one position as the Top Meeting Hotel.
- Five new properties have broken into the Top 10:
- Grand Hyatt Singapore (ranked 2 nd )
- Grand Hyatt Seoul (ranked 3 rd )
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong (ranked 4 th )
- ANA InterContinental Tokyo (ranked 9 th )
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore (ranked 10 th )
- There are 15 new properties to the Top 50 list including: Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park, Millennium Seoul Hilton, Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour, PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney, Resorts World Sentosa Singapore, and Grand Hyatt Tokyo among others.
- Hilton and Hyatt are the top two hotel chains represented on the Top 50 list with five properties each.
Cvent evaluated hotel properties that generated business through the Cvent Supplier Network from January 2018 through December 2018. The properties were ranked according to various criteria, including total requests for proposals (RFPs), awarded RFPs, total room nights, awarded room nights, major metropolitan area (MMA) market share, conversion rate, response rate, and the hotel's unique profile visits in the Cvent Supplier Network. The criteria are designed to provide the most accurate reflection of the top meeting hotels in the U.S., Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific regions.
About the Cvent Supplier Network
Featuring more than 260,000 hotels, resorts and special event venues, the Cvent Supplier Network (CSN) is one of the world's largest and most accurate databases of detailed venue information. Cvent sourced more than $16 billion in meetings and events through its marketplace and more than 42 million room nights in 2018. The CSN contains listings of hotels and other venues in more than 175 countries that can be searched and filtered based on approximately 200 meetings and events attributes. The Network is part of the Cvent Hospitality Cloud, which partners with hotels and venues to help them drive group and corporate travel business.
To find venues, request quotes, and book event space on the Cvent Supplier Network, visit https://www.cvent.com/venues.
Cvent is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider with more than 4,000 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The Cvent Event Cloud offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, and attendee engagement. Cvent’s suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. The Cvent Hospitality Cloud partners with hotels and venues to help them drive group and corporate travel business. Hotels use the Cvent Hospitality Cloud’s digital marketing tools and software solutions to win business through Cvent’s sourcing platforms and to service their customers directly, efficiently and profitably – helping them grow and own their business. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit Cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190521005254/en/
CONTACT: Erica Stoltenberg
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA VIRGINIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE TRAVEL LODGING MOBILE/WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS MARKETING
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/21/2019 04:00 AM/DISC: 05/21/2019 04:01 AM