Tuala Pat Leota has secured another term as the President of the Samoa Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
This was the outcome of its 2016 Annual General Meeting held at Hotel Elisa on Tuesdasy, where members reflected on a successful year passed and welcomed the new Executive Council for 2016.
President Tuala launched the Chamber’s Annual Report 2015, and spoke about the Chamber’s achievements of 2015.
“The increased number of activities implemented by the Chamber to support the growing membership reflected the valued network and relationship with members,” he said.
“Capacity building activities, business development and other business related training were some of the services that our Chamber conducted to assist members with their day to day operations.”
The President acknowledged the support from Chamber partners and donors, in particularly the Pacific Leadership Programme for their continued belief in the work of the Chamber.
Tuala also acknowledged the assistance of its members through sponsorship throughout 2015, especially with the Samoa Chamber School Awards.
“The Samoa Chamber of Commerce Top Commerce award has come a long way, and four more colleges have benefitted from this award, all of them in rural areas of Upolu and Savai’i.”
Treasurer Petra Chan Tung presented the 2015 Audited accounts outlining an unqualified audit opinion for Chamber accounts for 2015.
Following the President’s address and Treasurer’s financial report, the Samoa Chamber of Commerce C.E.O, Ane Moananu informed members that only one valid nomination for each Executive Council position was received and therefore no election took place.
Tuala, Managing Director of Isitolo Leota Chartered Accountants secured his second term as the President for 2016.
Asiata Alex Brunt of Ah Liki Investments, also secured his second term as Vice President, including Petra Chan Tung of the Samoa National Provident Fund as Treasurer for 2016. Lauaki Jason Annandale of Schuster Betham Annandale Law Firm was appointed the new Secretary for 2016.
The Samoa Chamber of Commerce Executive Council for 2016 is as follows:
• Tuala Pat Leota (President), Isitolo Leota Chartered Accountants
• Asiata Alex Brunt (Vice President), Ah Liki Investments
• Lauaki Jason Annandale (Secretary), Schuster Betham Annandale Law Firm
• Petra Chan Tung, (Treasurer) Samoa National Provident Fund
• Nynette Sass (Elected Council member), Sass Consult
• Seulupe Michelle MacDonald (Elected Council member), British American Tobacco
• Papalii Sam Leslie Petaia (Elected Council member), Pacific Law International
• Sheree Stehlin (Women in Business Development Inc. Representative)
• Samoa For Real Representative to be confirmed following SFR AGM
• Namulauulu Sami Leota (Past President), Federal Pacific Insurance
• Lemalu Sina Retzlaff (Past President), Apia Rentals
Tupa’i Klaus Stunzner (Past President), Samoa Spare Parts