The Court of Appeal is in session this week.
Among the seven cases on the list includes the appeal in Congregational Christian Church of Samoa versus Kerita Reupena matter.
Reverend Reupena is represented by lawyer, Leulua’iali’i Olinda Woodroffe.
Reverend Kerita is appealing the decision by His Honour Patu Tiava’asu’e Falefatu Sapolu.
Last month Leulua’iali’I had questioned the handling of the matter by His Honor Patu.
She argued that His Honour Patu should never have presided in the hearing of Reverend Kerita Reupena’s claim against the Elders given his connection to the church.
The matter was then referred to the Court of Appeal.
Cases being heard
1. Rev.Elder Kerita Reupena vs Rev. Elder Tautiaga Senara & Others
2. Lealiifano Iopu Tanielu vs Attorney General, Paialii Afe, Moe Fa &
3. Uso Taumata aka Auvele vs National Prosecution Office Taumata
4. Tanielu Telea vs National Prosecution Office
5. Leuluaialii O. Woodroffe vs Asiata Mataia, & Ors
6. National Prosecution Office vs Aurthur Wong See & Ors
7. Apia Construction Ltd vs Samoa National Provident Fund.