The service and work of the seven elders of the Congregational Christian Church of Samoa have been recognised at Malua.
On Wednesday, a special service was held at the Jubilee Church to honour them as long serving elders of the church.
The ceremony was well attended by relatives and families of the pensioners.
It was a celebration to remember as members of the church paid tribute to seven elders and also to acknowledge their service over the years.
One of the longing serving elders, Rev. Lotu Uele was among the pensioners and was joined by his wife Ane.
They have been serving the parish at Vaiala for many years.
The pensioners are:
• Rev. Va’alotu Malu and Mariki (FS) – Apia Sasa’e
• Rev. Eteuati Reupena and Menime – Apia
• Rev. Aofaiga Levi and Lolo’- Kuiniselani Saute
• Rev. Taihiatama Hasini – Manukau
• Rev. Afiga Timuoneone and Penetekoso – Aukilani
• Rev. Milo Talamaisinei and Faaleava – Kuiniselani Saute
• Rev. Uele Lotu and Ane – Apia Sasa’e