Prosecution moves to withdraw charges

By Deidre Tautua – Fanene ,

332 Hits

Court House Mulinuu.

Court House Mulinuu. (Photo: File)

The Prosecution in the hearing of three former employees of Coin Save have made an application in Court to withdraw two charges the trio had pleaded not guilty to.

Last week, Lisa Sepulini, Vilisita Ioane and Saufoi Laniselota appeared before Supreme Court Justice, Leiataualesa Daryl Clarke on the charge of theft as a servant. 

The trio pleaded guilty to some charges and not guilty to two charges against them. 

Prosecution at the time was Fuifui Ioane, who made an application to adjourn the matter for them to consider the charges that the trio had pleaded not guilty to.

Justice Leiataualesa adjourned the matter to Monday this week. During the criminal mention, the three re-appeared before Justice Leiataualesa.

It was there that prosecution, Lealofioamoa Mamaia, from the Attorney General’s Office, made an application to withdraw two of the charges that the accused had pleaded not guilty to.

“Your Honour, prosecution would like to make an application for the two charges that the accused have pleaded not guilty to be withdrawn,” she said.

Justice Leiataualesa granted the application and set a date for sentencing.

“According to the application made by prosecution, the charges that you have pleaded not guilty to be withdrawn by leave,” he told the accused.

“That leaves only the matter that you pleaded guilty to for sentencing.”

“So this matter has been adjourned to 9 April, 2018 at 12:30pm for sentencing, summary of facts and presentence report. So you are remanded on the same bail conditions.”

© Samoa Observer 2016

Developed by Samoa Observer in Apia