The National University of Samoa (N.U.S.) annual Vice Chancellor’s Awards was cause for great celebration on Friday night at Le Papaigalagala.
It was a night of fun and entertainment with a live band to celebrate the staff’s dedication and hard work throughout the year.
The two categories in the General Staff of the Year Award were Corporate Services and the Academic Faculty/Centre awards.
Varea Vaurasi won the only award for the Academic Faculty/Centre.
There were nine awards given out to every different branch of Corporate Services within the university.
• Academic Quality Unit award: I’uogafa Matagi Su’a
• Financial Services Division award: Denise Seiuli
• Governance Policy and Planning award: Tuileva Tupefou
• HR Division award: Ruta Tupai
• Information and Communication Technology Award: Kapeni Matatia
• Learning Res Centre award: Faatamaliiamio Solomona
• Property and Maintenance award: Leatumauga Sene
• Student Services award: Fesili Lui
• Oloamanu Centre award: Tauvaga Va’ai
Lecturer of the Year awards was also presented to eight different faculties of the university.
• Centre for Samoan Studies: Seiuli Vaifou Aloali’i Temese
• Faculty of Arts: Lucia Senio Chung Kwan
• Faculty of Applied Science: Pouafe Junior Pouafe
• Faculty of Business Entrepreneurship: Manuao Tema
• Faculty of Education: Onelau Faamoemoe Soti
• Faculty of Health Science: Tauaitala Poloie Lees
• Faculty of Science: Tara Patu
• SO Maritime: Pa’u Wong Kee Siaosi
Professor Leasiolagi Malama Meleisea was given the Academic Leadership of the Year award.
The Corporate Leadership of the Year award was presented to Faamatuainu Faamasani Asi.
General Researcher of the Year award went to Lenara Tuipoloa Utuva.
Governance, Policy and Planning Division won the award of the Corporate/Administrative Division of the Year.
The Faculty of Science scooped the Academic Division of the Year award.