Ordination signals official start of Malua conference
The annual conference for the biggest denomination in Samoa, the E.F.K.S. Church, officially begins today.
Hundreds of church members from all over the world are gathering at the Malua Theological College compound for the annual pilgrimage where church leaders discuss future plans for the church.
The main meeting follows a week of meetings last week – including the all important mothers meeting.
On Saturday, church members gathered for a glorious celebration during the ordination of twenty-four pastors and their wives.
The ordination allows them to administer marriages, funerals and Holy Communion.
The ordination was held at the Jubilee Church.
Among the attendants was the Head of State, his Highness Tuimaleali’ifano Va’aletoa Sualauvi II and the Masiofo, Her Highness Fa’amausili Leinafo.
The service was led by Reverend Elder Lucky R. Slade.
THE ORDAINED PASTORS AND THEIR WIVES:
• Apela and Foketi Ah Him;
• Clay and Eseta Tofilau;
• Ekepati and Pomate Va;
• Etiveni and Siileviiga Ta’avao;
• Farani and Sinoi Pauga;
• Filemoni and Alpha Tuigamala;
• Ioakopo and Aneta Ropati;
• Iopu and Talalele Kalepo;
• Julius and Lenitali Fruean;
• Karanita and Elena Petaia;
• Komisi and Mercy Samuelu;
• Maligi and Fofoga Setefano;
• Mose and Uputaua Malaga;
• Motusaga and Tanya Lesa;
• Peniamina and Eseta Neueli;
• Perkins and Olataga Waterhouse;
• Peteru and Va’asiva Taula;
• Poasa and Leminia Toiavao;
• Sekoa and Teevale Levasa;
• Seumaninoa and Neda Puaina;
• Sumeo and Sauimalae Leota;
• Tasele and Tine Tuluauau;
• Ulale and Usufono Sakaio
• Vailele and Eseta Lemalu
Here are some more photos from Saturday.