Fuel Cells for Marine Vessels Market Size Global Industry Analysis by Growth, Key Players, Share, Revenue, Trends, Organizations Size, Opportunities, And Regional Forecast to 2024 | Technavio
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 2, 2020--
The new fuel cells for marine vessels market research from Technavio indicates negative growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201202005700/en/
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global Fuel Cells for Marine Vessels Market 2020-2024 (Graphic: Business Wire)
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic Crisis and Recovery analysis of the fuel cells for marine vessels market.
"One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the Need for Alternate Propulsion Systems,” says a senior analyst for the Industrials industry at Technavio.
Factors such as the release of harmful gases on combustion need for regular maintenance and high operating costs of the diesel engines and gas turbines have increased the adoption of electric propulsion systems. Although the primary electric propulsion systems installed diesel-electric or gas turbine drive systems in the marine industry, current systems have developed to integrate fuel cell technology. Fuel cells convert chemical energy directly into electrical energy, and the absence of expansive, high-temperature combustion in fuel cells offer the benefits of lower noise, vibrations, and NOx formation. As a result, fuel cells are increasingly energy-efficient conversion devices that provide clean, silent, and reliable power. These advantages of alternative propulsion systems and the application of fuel cells for such propulsion applications will drive market growth during the forecast period.
As the markets recover Technavio expects the fuel cells for marine vessels market size to grow by USD 64.91 million during the period 2020-2024.
Fuel Cells for Marine Vessels Market Segment Highlights for 2020
- The fuel cells for marine vessels market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of 3.50%.
- PEMFC or polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cells cater to maritime transport applications and can be fixed or portable. High-temperature PEMFC (HTPEMFC) and direct methanol PEMFC (DMPEMFC) are subcategories of PEMFC, which differ in their operating temperatures.
- HTPEMFCs can operate at temperatures up to 200°C as they use a mineral acid electrolyte instead of a water-based one.
- The fuel cells for marine vessels market share growth by the PEMFC segment will be faster than the growth of the market by the other segments.
- 33% of the growth will originate from the APAC region.
- Consistent investments in developing marine platforms that operate on low GHG-emission fuels and easy availability of fuel cell-based solutions for commercial, leisure, and military naval ships will significantly drive the market growth in this region over the forecast period.
- Japan and China are the key markets for fuel cells for marine vessels in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Click here to learn about report detailed analysis and insights on how you can leverage them to grow your business.
Related Reports onIndustrialsInclude:
Global Hydrogen Electrolyzers Market: The hydrogen electrolyzers market size has the potential to grow by USD 79.90 million during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period. To get extensive research insights: Click and Get FREE Sample Report in Minutes!
Global Fuel Cell Commercial Vehicle Market: The fuel cell commercial vehicle market size has the potential to grow by 20.14 thousand units during 2020-2024, and the market’s growth momentum will accelerate during the forecast period. To get extensive research insights: Click and Get FREE Sample Report in Minutes!
- The fuel cells for marine vessels market size is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
- The fuel cells for marine vessels market is segmented by Geographic Landscape (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, and South America) and Technology (PEMFC, SOFC, and other fuel cells).
- The market is fragmented due to the presence of many established vendors holding significant market share.
- The research report offers information on several market vendors, including Bloom Energy, Dynad International BV, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc., PowerCell Sweden AB, Proton Power Systems plc, SerEnergy AS, SFC Energy AG, Siemens AG, Toshiba Corp., and Watt Fuel Cell Corp.
Register for a free trial today to access 17,000+ market research reports usingTechnavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201202005700/en/
CONTACT: Technavio Research
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ALTERNATIVE ENERGY MARITIME ENERGY TRANSPORT
SOURCE: Technavio Research
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 12/02/2020 10:01 PM/DISC: 12/02/2020 10:01 PM