Nearly 200 Hyatt Hotels Expected to Open in the Americas Region By 2022
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 28, 2020--
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that Hyatt plans to grow its Americas brand portfolio with the expected opening of more than 50 full service and select service hotels in 2020 and the addition of more than 140 additional hotels to its pipeline of hotels expected to open by 2022. This growth is set to fuel Hyatt’s regional brand presence by 33 percent of its current Americas portfolio. Newly executed deals for properties – under management and franchise agreements – will join 585 Hyatt hotels that are currently open and operating in the Americas.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200128005634/en/
A queen guestroom of the recently opened 225-room Thompson Washington D.C. (Photo: Business Wire)
The Americas region continues to be a top priority for Hyatt and prospective developers due to business demand in several strong regional markets like California, Texas, New York, Canada and Mexico.
“Hyatt remains focused on thoughtfully growing our full service and select service portfolio of brands in the Americas region – and growing and running our core hotel business: the development, management and franchising of full service and select service hotels, while being best-in-class,” said Pete Sears, Americas group president, Hyatt. “Hyatt’s Americas growth through 2022 further signals incredible strength in our brand among owners, customers, and guests across the largest region within Hyatt’s global portfolio.”
Notably, Hyatt’s newest brands – Alila, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre, and Thompson Hotels – are experiencing strong growth with new openings and executed managed and franchised deals, including the following:
- The 225-room Thompson Washington D.C., which marked the Thompson Hotels brand’s introduction to the nation’s capital on January 8, 2020;
- A 130-room Alila hotel in Encinitas, Calif., which will mark the Alila brand’s first new-build hotel in the Americas in early 2021;
- The 80-room Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, A Destination Hotel (Va.), which will mark the second Quirk Hotel in Virginia, joining Quirk Hotel Richmond in March 2020; and
- A 161-room Joie de Vivre hotel and 226-room hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., in late 2020.
The growth of the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House select service brands, remains a strategic priority with more than 100 expected to open across North and South America through 2022.
New openings and executed managed and franchise deals in the Americas, per brand, include:
Alila hotels feature a combination of innovative design and luxury in unique locations, set apart by an unprecedented level of private space, personalized hospitality, and bespoke journeys. Alila means “Surprise” in Sanskrit, which suitably describes the refreshing character of Alila hotels and the impression guests feel when they stay at Alila hotels. alilahotels.com
- A hotel within the Alila brand, located in Encinitas, Calif., 130 guestrooms, Early 2021
Global in scale while local in perspective, the Andaz brand of luxury lifestyle hotels weaves the sights, sounds, and tastes of each property’s surroundings for a distinctively local experience. andaz.com
- Andaz Palm Springs (Calif.), 150 guestrooms, Late 2020
- Andaz Toronto – Yorkville, 160 guestrooms, 2021
- Andaz Turks & Caicos at Grace Bay, 184 guestrooms, 2021
The Destination Hotels brand is a collection of more than 40 upscale and luxury independent hotels, resorts and residences across North America. Serving as both the explorer and the guide, Destination hotels ensure a sense of genuine belonging and the chance to encounter life-enhancing discoveries. destinationhotels.com
- Quirk Hotel Charlottesville, A Destination Hotel (Va.), 80 guestrooms, March 2020
- Wyndhurst Manor & Club, A Destination Hotel (Lenox, Mass.), 46 guestrooms, May 2020
- The Shay, A Destination Hotel (Culver City, Calif.), 148 guestrooms, Late Summer 2020
- A hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 226 guestrooms, Late 2020
Grand Hyatt hotels celebrate the iconic in small details and magnificent moments. Drawing inspiration from each destination, Grand Hyatt hotels provide superior service and signature experiences within a backdrop of dramatic architecture, world-class restaurants, luxury spas, and spectacular meeting and event spaces. grandhyatt.com
- Grand Hyatt Nashville (Tenn.), 591 guestrooms, Fall 2020
- Grand Hyatt Grand Cayman, 351 guestrooms, 2022
Hyatt Centric is a brand of full-service lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations around the world and is Hyatt’s fastest growing lifestyle brand. Hyatt Centric hotels help fuel guest discovery, located in the heart of the action with passionately engaged team members always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge and provide local expertise. hyattcentric.com
- Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria (Va.), 124 guestrooms, January 22, 2020
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland (Ore.), 220 guestrooms, February 2020
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Minneapolis, 145 guestrooms, Spring 2020
- Hyatt Centric 39 th & 5 th New York, 163 guestrooms, March 2020
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador (El Salvador), 138 guestrooms, April 2020
- Hyatt Centric Las Olas Fort Lauderdale (Fla.), 238 guestrooms, May 2020
- Hyatt Centric City Center Philadelphia, 332 guestrooms, June 2020
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis (Tenn.), 227 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Austin (Texas), 200 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Nashville (Tenn.), 252 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento (Calif.), 172 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Koreatown Los Angeles, 310 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric SouthPark Charlotte (N.C.), 175 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Centric Buckhead Atlanta, 218 guestrooms, 2022
- Hyatt Centric Niagara Falls (Ontario, Canada), 364 guestrooms, 2022
- A hotel within the Hyatt Centric brand, located in downtown Los Angeles, 138 guestrooms, 2022
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests as extended stay residents. Apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living areas remind guests of the conveniences of home. hyatthouse.com
United States: More than 40 executed contracts for Hyatt House hotels in key markets, including Scottsdale, Ariz.; Los Angeles; Sacramento, Calif.; Denver; Lewes, Del.; Tampa, Fla.; Orlando, Fla.; Atlanta; Chicago; Louisville, Ky.; Kansas City, Mo.; Minneapolis, Minn.; Harlem, N.Y.; Allentown, Penn.; Columbus, Ohio; Portland, Ore.; Nashville, Tenn.; Houston; and Dallas.
Canada: Six executed contracts for Hyatt House hotels in Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; and Ottawa, Hamilton and Mississauga, Ontario.
Hyatt Place hotels offer a modern, comfortable and seamless experience, combining style and innovation to create a casual hotel environment for today's multi-tasking traveler. From the lobby to the guest rooms to in-hotel dining, every touchpoint is designed with the high value business traveler in mind. hyattplace.com
United States: More than 65 executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in key markets, including Fairbanks, Ala.; Flagstaff, Ariz.; Fayetteville, Ark.; Bakersfield, Paso Robles and Sonoma, Calif.; Titusville, Fla.; Chicago; Indianapolis; Des Moines, Iowa; Wichita, Kan.; Bossier City, La.; Boston; Reno, Nev.; Fort Lee and Newark, N.J.; Albany, N.Y.; Winston Salem, N.C.; Philadelphia; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Murfreesboro, Tenn.; Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and McAllen, Texas; Harrisonburg and Virginia Beach, Va.; and Vancouver, Wash.
Canada: Fourteen executed contracts for Hyatt Place hotels in Kelowna and Prince George and Richmond, British Columbia; Edmonton, Alberta; Winnipeg, Manitoba; Moncton, New Brunswick; Toronto, Ottawa, Mississauga, Brampton, Ontario; and Montreal, Quebec.
Latin America: One executed contract for Hyatt Place San Jose Cariari located in Heredia, Costa Rica.
Hyatt Regency hotels are intuitively designed to make travel free from stress and filled with success. Conveniently located in urban and resort locations in more than 30 countries, Hyatt Regency hotels offer seamless experiences for any occasion, from energizing vacations to personalized, high-touch meetings. hyattregency.com
- Hyatt Regency Frisco (Texas), 301 guestrooms, Spring 2020
- Hyatt Regency Insurgentes Mexico City, 250 guestrooms, 2021
- Hyatt Regency Niagara Falls (Ontario, Canada), 703 guestrooms, 2022
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City (Utah), 700 guestrooms, 2022
Joie de Vivre
Since its founding in San Francisco in 1987, the Joie de Vivre boutique lifestyle brand has made curating playful travel through local connections and eclectic experiences its signature. Each Joie de Vivre hotel is an original concept designed to reflect its neighborhood. jdvhotels.com
- The Ambassador Chicago, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, 285 guestrooms, February 2020
- El Capitan, a Joie de Vivre Hotel (Merced, Calif.), 114 guestrooms, Summer 2020
- A hotel within the Joie de Vivre brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 161 guestrooms, Late 2020
Miraval is a luxury leader in wellness resorts and spas for individuals looking to create a life in balance through alignment of the body, mind and spirit. Opened in 1995, Miraval Arizona in Tucson, Ariz., pioneered the destination wellness spa resort category with its comprehensive program of activities, experiences and personal treatments. miravalresorts.com
- Miraval Berkshires (N.Y.), 102 guestrooms, May 2020
Park Hyatt hotels provide discerning, global travelers with a refined home-away-from-home. Guests of Park Hyatt hotels receive quietly confident and personalized service in an enriching environment. Located in several of the world's premier destinations, each Park Hyatt hotel is custom designed to combine sophistication with understated luxury. parkhyatt.com
- Park Hyatt Toronto* (Ontario, Canada), 219 guestrooms, October 2020
*Reopening after property redesign
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza, 184 guestrooms, 2021
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos (Mexico), 163 guestrooms, 2021
- Park Hyatt Mexico City (Mexico), 155 guestrooms, 2021
Founded in 2001, Thompson Hotels is an award-winning lifestyle brand that delivers a new take on modern luxury and tailored stays for guests with connections to world-class culinary offerings, arts and entertainment, and groundbreaking design. Each location offers a stunning, carefully layered and dynamic urban or resort setting that molds into the surrounding community. thompsonhotels.com
- Thompson Washington D.C., 225 guestrooms, January 8, 2020
- Thompson San Antonio, 162 guestrooms, Late Summer 2020
- Thompson Dallas, 219 guestrooms, Fall 2020
- Thompson Hollywood (Calif.), 190 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Austin, 200 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Denver, 220 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson Savannah (Ga.), 193 guestrooms, 2021
- Thompson New York – Central Park*, 2021
*Rebrand from Parker New York
- Thompson South Beach (Miami), 150 guestrooms, 2022
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand is a portfolio of independent, premium hotel properties, ranging from historic urban gems to contemporary trend-setters and boutique properties to resorts. Each hotel is one-of-a-kind and offers story-worthy and extraordinary experiences for our guests. unboundcollectionbyhyatt.com
- Mar Monte* (Santa Barbara, Calif.), 200 guestrooms, Spring 2020
*Rebrand from Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Kansas City, Mo., 144 guestrooms, Summer 2020
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Hollywood, Calif., 64 guestrooms, 2021
- Hotel La Compañia (Panama City, Panama), 88 guestrooms, 2021
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 20 premier brands. As of September 30, 2019, the Company's portfolio included more than 875 properties in over 60 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva ™, Hyatt Zilara ™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, Joie de Vivre®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, tommie™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt ® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include statements about our plans, strategies, outlook, occupancy, ADR and growth trends, market share, the number of properties we expect to open in the future, our expected adjusted SG&A expense, our estimated comparable system-wide RevPAR growth, our estimated Adjusted EBITDA growth, our expected net rooms growth, maintenance and enhancement to existing properties capital expenditures, investments in new properties capital expenditures, depreciation and amortization expense and interest expense estimates, financial performance, prospects or future events and involve known and unknown risks that are difficult to predict. As a result, our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "may," "could," "expect," "intend," "plan," "seek," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential," "continue," "likely," "will," "would" and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, general economic uncertainty in key global markets and a worsening of global economic conditions or low levels of economic growth; the rate and the pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; limited visibility with respect to future bookings; loss of key personnel; hostilities, or fear of hostilities, including future terrorist attacks, that affect travel; travel-related accidents; natural or man-made disasters such as earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, wildfires, oil spills, nuclear incidents, and global outbreaks of pandemics or contagious diseases or fear of such outbreaks; our ability to successfully achieve certain levels of operating profits at hotels that have performance tests or guarantees in favor of our third-party owners; the impact of hotel renovations and redevelopments; risks associated with our capital allocation plans and common stock repurchase program and other forms of shareholder capital return, including the risk that our common stock repurchase program could increase volatility and fail to enhance shareholder value; our intention to pay a quarterly cash dividend and the amounts thereof, if any; the seasonal and cyclical nature of the real estate and hospitality businesses; changes in distribution arrangements, such as through internet travel intermediaries; changes in the tastes and preferences of our customers; relationships with colleagues and labor unions and changes in labor laws; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees, and hospitality venture partners; the possible inability of third-party owners, franchisees, or development partners to access capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; risks associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; the timing of acquisitions and dispositions, and our ability to successfully integrate completed acquisitions with existing operations; failure to successfully complete proposed transactions (including the failure to satisfy closing conditions or obtain required approvals); our ability to successfully execute on our strategy to expand our management and franchising business while at the same time reducing our real estate asset base within targeted timeframes and at expected values; declines in the value of our real estate assets; unforeseen terminations of our management or franchise agreements; changes in federal, state, local, or foreign tax law; the impact of changes in the tax code as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and uncertainty as to how some of those changes may be applied; increases in interest rates and operating costs; foreign exchange rate fluctuations or currency restructurings; lack of acceptance of new brands or innovation; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access such markets; changes in the competitive environment in our industry, including as a result of industry consolidation, and the markets where we operate; our ability to successfully grow the World of Hyatt loyalty program; cyber incidents and information technology failures; outcomes of legal or administrative proceedings; violations of regulations or laws related to our franchising business; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the SEC, including our annual report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the SEC. All forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements set forth above. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made only as of the date of this press release. We do not undertake or assume any obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable law. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200128005634/en/
CONTACT: Jorian Weiner
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA ILLINOIS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: VACATION OTHER TRAVEL LODGING DESTINATIONS TRAVEL
SOURCE: Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 01/28/2020 11:29 AM/DISC: 01/28/2020 11:29 AM