ADVERTISEMENT

Village boy who was electrocuted dies

A 15-year-old boy from Saleapaga died as a result of an incident where he was electrocuted on Saturday night.

A nurse at the Lalomanu District hospital, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she was not authorised to speak to the media, provided details of the incident.

“The boy from Saleapaga was brought in last night for medical attention and [complained] that he was injured by electric shock and [he] later died,” said the nurse.

The nurse could not confirm reports that the incident had taken place at Lalomanu or what circumstances had caused it.

But she noted that the Ministry of Police has been informed of the incident. 

“That’s all I can tell you right now,” said the nurse. 

A Senior Police Officer at the Lalomanu Outpost declined to comment when approached but referred questions to the Commissioner of Police, Fuiavaili’ili Egon Keil. 

“I can only confirm the boy was electrocuted,” the policeman said.

The Samoa Observer reached out to the Commissioner for comments whether an investigation has been launched but there was no response. 

Calls to the Commissioner of Fire and Emergency Services (F.E.S.A.), Lelevaga Faafouina Mupo were not answered as of press time. 

 

Bg pattern light

UPGRADE TO PREMIUM

Subscribe to Samoa Observer Online

Enjoy access to over a thousand articles per month, on any device as well as feature-length investigative articles.

Ready to signup?