Alexa, Remind Me to Shop for Deals on Prime Day
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 1, 2019--
(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Prime Day will be the biggest celebration of deals yet with more than one million deals globally on July 15 & 16. And starting today, Prime members can enjoy exclusive offers and savings every day leading up to Prime Day across Amazon devices, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies and more. In fact, the Happy School Year store opens today, serving as a one stop shop for parents, students and teachers, with everything they need to go back-to-school prepared and in style. Prime members will find the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices and starting today, members can save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now just $129.99. Not a member yet? Anyone can join Prime or start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com/primeday to participate in Prime Day.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190701005311/en/
Prime members can enjoy exclusive offers and savings every day leading up to Prime Day across Amazon devices, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies and more. (Graphic: Business Wire)
“Prime members have really embraced Prime Day as the perfect time to stock up for all of their back-to-school and off-to-college needs, given the incredible deals and offers for a Happy School Year. Last year, members even purchased millions of pencils and pens on Prime Day alone,” said Cem Sibay, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “With the launch of our Happy School Year store today, as well as thousands of product launches from popular brands, this year’s Prime Day will offer something exciting for every member.”
Early Prime Day Deals Live Now
Every day leading up to Prime Day, members will discover all kinds of exclusive offers and deals, including:
- Amazon Devices – Save $100 on Fire TV Recast, now starting at just $129.99 so you can cut the cord and record live over the air content for free. Plus, starting July 8, save $80 on Ring Video Doorbell Pro and an Echo Dot, just $169.
- Amazon Music – Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier for just $0.99 and enjoy unlimited access to more than 50 million songs, ad-free.
- Prime Video – Enjoy 50% off rentals on a collection of popular movies – starting from just $1.99.
- Twitch Prime – Prime members can unlock exclusive Legend and weapon skins for Apex Legends, and content from multiple EA SPORTS titles.
- Audible – Save 66% on your first 3 months of Audible – just $4.95 a month. Or save $30 when you sign up for an annual Audible membership and get an Echo Dot for just $0.99.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members who haven't yet tried Kindle Unlimited can get their first three months of unlimited reading free when they sign up.
- Amazon Fashion – Save up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger men’s and women’s clothing, up to 30% on clothing from the Tommy Hilfiger Adaptive line, which are styles that make dressing easier for those with disabilities, and up to 30% on Tommy Hilfiger shoes, accessories and more, as well as up to 70% savings on Seafolly Australia Swimwear, up to 50% savings on athletic shoes from Reebok, Puma, and more, and up to 30% savings on kid’s and baby styles from Gerber, The Children's Place, and more, among other deals across Amazon Fashion.
- Amazon Brands – Save up to 50% off women’s active wear from Amazon Essentials, Core 10 and Starter, up to 40% on men’s shirts from Goodthreads, Buttoned Down and Amazon Essentials, up to 30% on women’s styles from Daily Ritual, up to 20% off furniture and décor from Rivet, Stone & Beam, and Ravenna Home, up to 20% off AmazonBasics, and up to 30% off everyday essentials from Solimo, Presto!, and Happy Belly, among others.
- Prime Now: Save up to 40% on the best of Amazon with free two-hour delivery on orders of $35 or more. Plus, new Prime Now customers can receive $15 off their order of $35 or more.
- AmazonFresh: Save up to 40% on groceries when shopping AmazonFresh. Plus, new AmazonFresh customers can get $15 off their first order of $35 or more.
- Prime Book Box - Prime members who are new to Prime Book Box can get 30% off their first box – just $13.99 for hand-picked children’s books delivered every 1, 2, or 3 months.
Happy School Year Deals this Prime Day
Just in time for Prime Day, Amazon launches its Happy School Year store, where parents, students and educators can discover classroom essentials from fashion to school supplies, all in one convenient location. According to a June 2019 poll conducted by the National Retail Federation and Prosper Insights & Analytics, Prime Day helps kick off back-to-school shopping, with more than half of back-to-school and college shoppers surveyed saying they plan their school shopping around specific sale events like Prime Day and others. In fact, Prime members purchased millions of pencils and pens last Prime Day to stock up for a Happy School Year. This year, Prime Day will offer savings on a wide selection of school supplies including laptops, shoes, backpacks, clothing and more. Shoppers can visit the Happy School Year store at amazon.com/happyschoolyear.
Preparing Educators for the School Year
Educators can also prepare for a Happy School Year with savings on school year essentials from Amazon Business at amazon.com/educatorshappyschoolyear. Over half a million teachers and staff use Amazon Business to get the most out of their school year budgets. Spend less time shopping around and more time preparing to help students succeed by taking advantage of great deals this Prime Day and throughout the new school year season on everything from classroom decor and supplies to arts and crafts inspiration to instructional technology and STEM products.
Celebrating Prime Members at Whole Foods Market
From July 3 through July 16, U.S. Prime members who spend $10 at Whole Foods Market get a $10 credit to use on Amazon for Prime Day. Prime members qualify by scanning the Prime Code in their Whole Foods Market or Amazon App when they check out, or by making a Prime Now order for delivery or pickup from Whole Foods Market. During the same timeframe, Whole Foods Market will also offer Prime members exclusive weekly deals on summertime favorites with discounts of 25-50% off. Starting Wednesday, July 3, customers can also enjoy deals on organic red cherries, wild-caught sockeye salmon fillets, baby back ribs, Waterloo Sparkling Water and large apple pies, just in time for the July Fourth holiday weekend. In addition, Prime members receive an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items throughout the store and free 2-hour delivery with Prime Now in select zip codes. Visit amazon.com/primeday10 to learn more.
More Ways to Shop and Save this Prime Day
- Alexa Shopping – Alexa makes it easy to find the best Prime Day deals. Just ask, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?”
- Amazon App – Shop anytime, anywhere with the Amazon App and ensure you never miss a deal. Starting today, Prime members who are new to the Amazon App can get up to $25 in Amazon credits when they sign in and use it for your first time. And starting July 8, tap the Prime Day banner within the Amazon App for a sneak peek of select products that will be deals this Prime Day. You can set an alert to notify you when the deal goes live by tapping “Notify Me”.
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card – Now through Prime Day, when Prime members apply and are approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card they will instantly receive an $80 gift card that is added directly to their Amazon.com Gift Card balance. With no annual credit card fee and 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Markets with an eligible Prime membership, cardmembers earn rewards every day.
- Amazon Pay – Now through Prime Day and while supplies last, Prime members who use Amazon Pay can shop on dozens of sites, including Vineyard Vines, Lulu and Georgia, Glasses USA, Lunya and more, earning an Amazon.com Gift Card with a purchase. Go to pay.amazon.com to learn more, as these exciting offers vary per site. Limited offers available.
- Shop Small and Medium-sized Businesses – Prime members can shop hundreds of thousands of Prime Day deals from small and medium-sized businesses around the globe this Prime Day. Save up to 30% on select Amazon Handmade products, including jewelry, wall art, home décor, kitchen supplies and gifts leading up to Prime Day.
- Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star – Beginning July 6, members who shop at any of our Amazon Books locations across the U.S., or our Amazon 4-star locations – now open for their first Prime Day – can get a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card on a purchase of $50 or more throughout the store. Prime members shopping at Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star locations will find exclusive Prime Day giveaways and deals on products from our top categories online including on devices, electronics, toys, books, home and kitchen products, and more. To find a store near you, visit: www.amazon.com/stores/PrimeDay.
Tune in to the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music
This Prime Day will offer the biggest celebration of deals as well as never-before-seen entertainment. Amazon Music just announced that 10-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist and one of the most influential artists of our time, Taylor Swift, will headline the Prime Day Concert on July 10, streaming live on Prime Video at 9 p.m. ET, exclusively for Prime members. The Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music will provide an unforgettable experience for members worldwide with an evening of additional performances from chart-topping artists, including two-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Dua Lipa, multi-award-winning artist SZA, and global superstar Becky G. Hosted by award-winning actress Jane Lynch ( TheMarvelous Mrs. Maisel, Glee ), the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music will be available to Prime members to stream on-demand after the live show for a limited time on Prime Video, which will include select songs from each performance. For more details on the show and to add it to your watch list, head to primevideo.com/primedayconcert.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment on Prime Day. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Twitch Prime and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping. In addition to one-day delivery coast to coast, Amazon customers in thousands of cities and towns across 44 major metropolitan areas already have access to millions of items with free same-day delivery. Simply look for items marked as eligible for delivery today, order by lunch, and get your items by bed time. For delivery in a matter of hours, members can also use Prime Now to receive grocery delivery from Whole Foods Market in nearly 90 U.S. metros, or grocery pickup in as little as 30 minutes in 30 metros, with more to come in 2019. Start a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime at amazon.com/prime. College students can also enjoy the benefits of Prime with a six-month trial of Prime Student at amazon.com/joinstudent.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190701005311/en/
CONTACT: Amazon.com, Inc.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA WASHINGTON
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL CONSUMER ELECTRONICS TECHNOLOGY EVENTS/CONCERTS OTHER CONSUMER SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT ONLINE RETAIL MUSIC OTHER RETAIL ENTERTAINMENT CONSUMER
SOURCE: Amazon.com, Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 07/01/2019 03:00 AM/DISC: 07/01/2019 03:01 AM