A call for young Samoan and Pacific leaders
The Pacific Community (S.P.C.) is calling on young Pacific leaders to be part of the Young Leaders Dialogue on Human Rights and Good Governance.
To be held in Fiji from October 15-17, a planning meeting was held earlier this year by the Regional Rights Resource Team and the Social Development Program from the S.P.C. in the lead up to the regional dialogue.
The dialogue focuses on three key specific areas, said a statement released by the Ministry of Women, Community and Social Development (M.W.C.D.).
“Strengthening engagement with national and regional leaders and development partners to promote and uphold the principles of good governance.
“Discuss good governance issues, challenges, best practices and sustainable solutions to youth development, and strengthening networks and relationships between young people to advance youth in governance.”
Interested individuals may apply as a panelist or participant. All applications will be screened against a certain criterion:
- Active involvement in national human rights issues (education, employment, livelihood, health, climate change, gender, good governance, persons with disability) and local community development and transformation;
- Have strong links to communities and groups under-represented in decision making,
- Demonstrated leadership abilities when working with others;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with leaders and young people to address issues;
- Able to articulate issues and proactively implement solutions;
- Demonstrated understanding of youth challenges locally and regionally;
- Minimum of two years’ work experience either formal or voluntary on youth issues
- Demonstrated knowledge on the cultural structures of her/his country; and
- Must be below the age of 35
If you are passionate in ensuring young voices are heard internationally and regionally as well, apply now on the link below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGDODNN3eUhnr5yjuC0c5HJKPKFK0PfVJqgnhbJJ6eFSouGQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
For more information contact Salamasina Tofa at the M.W.C.D. on email [email protected]or call 27752.
Applications close July 5, 2019.