Problems at N.P.O
Re: Axing of N.P.O a possibility
1. The creation of the NPO was great as the P.M. said, to develop prosecution within the Court. Why? It’s because the handling of the prosecution duties by police who had no training as prosecutors was not properly done.
2. The AG did not do his job properly from the start; hence I don’t know if he knows his JD.
3. The serving of the charges to the N.P.O director raised a lot of red flags.
4. Here comes the very interesting part when the Assistant N.P.O director got suspended. The only thing that we saw on the paper it said “pursuant to sections 11(4), 11 (7) and 11(8) of the N.P.O Act 2015.”
The public have no idea what these sections are but RUMOUR surrounded that her suspension was because a Minister ordered her to drop the case against the Police Commissioner but she refused to do it as a faithful citizen who has interest and safety of Samoan people at heart.
5. Now here we are talking about axing the N.P.O in which I totally disagree. I think all parties involved need to come in unison and understand their own duties and responsibilities.
6. And last but not least if #4 is right then please POLITICIANS needs to stay neutral and let the public servants do their jobs to the best of their abilities.