Teachers go back to the classroom
The Ministry of Education, Sports and Culture will host another round of Training at the National level during Term 1 school break, starting today.
The Induction programme for Principals and Deputy Principals will include the Public Service Commission who will be sharing information on policies, working conditions and information relevant to contracted employees.
The first series of trainings will be held for Upolu teachers from today, Monday to Thursday12 April and Savaii from Tuesday 17th to Thursday 19th April 2018.
The Minister of Education, Sports and Culture Loau Solamalemalo Keneti Sio will officially open the training session for the Principals and Deputy Principals.
This will be held at the E.F.K.S. Hall, Sogi today.
Other training sessions will take place in different venues.
An estimated total of 1600 teachers will participate in the April National training. Trainers and facilitators for the training will be the management and staff of M.E.S.C.
The series of workshops will be based on the following areas:
• Induction for new Principals, new Deputy Principals and Heads of Departments
• Intervention Support Program (ISP) for primary and secondary teachers to ensure they meet the professional standards not met following the performance appraisal process last year
• Use of a variety of teaching methods and strategies to address critical learning areas and skills as identified in the 2017 national results and reports from MESC divisions.
• Integrate and Implement policies to lead and manage the school and teaching staff.
• Incorporate technology (the use of tablets) to improve teaching and learning
• Inclusive Education training for Primary teachers who have students with disabilities.