Manu Sevens named for Paris
The Manu Samoa Sevens team for last two legs of the H.S.B.C. World Series has been released.
The team will be playing in Paris next weekend where they face a tough pool with the likes of top teams like Fiji, Australia and Russia.
Stade Jean Boulin Stadium is a special place for the Manu Samoa Sevens.
Who could forget, when Samoa Seven’s beat out the Fijian team last year in a thrilling cup final last year. The team came back from a 26-7 deficit to stunning the stadium with a final score of 29-26.
The team is looking to repeat that winning performance once more.
The team hosts familiar faces from that fateful day such as Captain, Faalemiga Selesele. Accomponaying him is playmaker Tila Mealoi, speedster Samoa Toloa, Tomasi Alosio, Alamanda Motuga.
Missing from the roster is veteran Afa Aiono but fellow veteran Alatasi Tupou has made his place on the roster once more.
The team welcomes back fresh legs: Elisapeta Alofipo, Gordon Langkilde and Francis Ieremia.
1. Fa'alemiga Selesele - Moataa / Hawkes Bay
2. Alamanda Motuga - Marist Auck / Apia West
3. Tomasi Alosio - Homb, Wellington
4. Samoa Toloa - Sasa’ai
5. Matty Tuatagaloa - Awanui, Auckland
6. Gordan Langkilde - Moata’a
7. Lafaele Va'a - Vailele
8. Alatasi Tupou - Vaiala
9. Tila Mealoi - Apia Maroons
10. Elisapeta Alofipo - Salelologa
11. Joe Perez - Marist St Joseph / Apia West
12. Tofatuimoana Solia - Malaemalu
13. Francis Ieremia - Moataa
14. Silao Nonu - Apia Maroons
Head Coach - Sir Gordan Tietjens
Physiotherapist - Joshua Melrose
Strength & Conditioning: Paul Tietjens
Analyst / Manager - Junior Narayan
21:00 May 13th, vs. Fiji
00:48 May 14th vs. Australia
3:52 May 14th vs. Russia