Fire rips through Vaiusu home
A family at Vaiusu is coming to terms with the devastation caused by a fire that ripped through their home yesterday.
The blaze destroyed everything they had.
A family member who did not want to be named said there are five of them living in the house.
“I was working and I received a call from my brother saying that our house is on fire,” he said.
“My mother was at home with my little nephew. All I was worried about was their safety.”
Another bystander who rushed in to help said she saw smoke coming from the back of the house.
“I heard the old lady screaming from inside the house so I ran in to bring her outside,” she said.
“When I got there, the fire was already coming from the opposite room where the old lady was.” The family said they do not know how the fire started.
Built in 2007, the house had four bedrooms.
It was not possible to get a comment from the Fire and Emergency Services Authority (F.E.S.A) yesterday.