Let’s hear more
Re: Democracy without freedom of speech?
I have been waiting for a voice of wisdom from Samoa and finally one has arrived here. I was beginning to give up hope.
Please say more and publish more of Malama Meleisea’s views in the Samoa Observer. I will always give my respect and listen to Malama’s points of view about modern day politics and fa’a Samoa, etc because he has done a lot of research about the History of Samoa and understands thoroughly the issues most Samoans go through in our modern times. Malama is not a politician so he has no hidden agenda. Ou te fia malamalama.
Here is a list of some of his books published:
Books written or co-written by Malama Meleisea:
• The Cambridge History of the Pacific Islanders (2004)
• Samoa’s Journey 1962-2012: Aspects of History (2013)
• The Making of Modern Samoa: Traditional Authority and Colonial Administration in the History of Western Samoa(1987)
• Lagaga: A short history of Western Samoa (1987)
• Tama Uli / Melanesians in Western Samoa (1980)
• Change and adaptations in Western Samoa (1992)
• Land Issues in the Pacific (1994)
• Pacific universities: Achievements, problems, prospects (1988)
• The last days of the Melanesian labour trade in Western Samoa (1974)