Police Media Officer, Sua le Mamea Tiumalu has confirmed a 56-year-old father survived after being shot at by a 16-year-old male last week.
The young male is in police custody facing charges of attempted murder, being armed with a dangerous weapon and the possession of an unlawful weapon.
The victim is still in the national hospital.
Both men are from the same village and police are still investigating the matter.
Su’a said that the the victim suffered two injuries to his body, one on the left side of his back and one on his right side just below his chest.
“The victim is a shop owner in the village,”he said.
“What we suspect is, the accused wasn’t happy when he was refused credit to buy from the victim’s shop.
“This happened on Monday just past twelve in the afternoon.
The accused will appear in Court on the 6th March.