Thirteen Chief Executive Officers were sworn in yesterday by the Head of State, His Highness Tuimaleali'ifano Va'aletoa Sualauvi II.
Prime Minister Tuilaepa Sa’ilele Malielegaoi, who also attended the ceremony, congratulated the C.E.Os.
“Your oath this morning is the confirmation of your commitment to serve the country with humility respect and above all, love,” Tuilaepa said.
“There is no authority except the one that comes from God. Your calling therefore shall glorify the Lord.
“As Chief Executive Officers, you are expected to lead by example and live by example.
“You have been chosen to make a difference and to take the organisation to a new level.
“Not to find yourself in the comfort of your offices, but constantly on the ground.”
Tuilaepa reminded them that they’ve sworn before God to make good decisions for the people of Samoa.
“Do not hesitate to make tough decisions that will benefit Samoa,” he said.
“Every opportunity that comes our way will benefit our people and the government depends on your technical advice.
“I wish you all the best and God bless.”
Rev. Afamasaga Mautofu Fuimaono led the service in prayers.
The 13 C.E.O.s are:
• Ali’imuamua Malaefono Taua Ta’alogo – Statistics Bureau;
• Ulu Bismarck Crawley – Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment;
• Ulugia Petelo Kavesi – Samoa Land Corporation;
• Faimalomatumua Mathew Lemisio – Electoral Commissioner;
• Lautimuia Afoa Uelese Vaai - Samoa Shipping Services;
• Letuimanu’asina Dr. Emma Kruse Vaai – Samoa Qualifications Authority;
• Pauli Prince Surhren – National Provident Fund;
• Pulotu Lyndon Chu Ling – Ministry of Commerce Industry and Labour;
• Seuseu Dr. Joseph Tauati - Scientific Research Organisation of Samoa;
• So’oalo Kuresa So’oala – Samoa Ports Authority;
• Teleiai Dr. Lalotoa Mulitalo - Samoa Law Reform Commission;
• To’oto’oleaava Dr. Fanaafi Aiono Le Tagaloa - Samoa International Finance Authority; and
Tuala Tamaalelagi Tuala Siaki II - Gambling Control Authority.