To say that businesswoman Mulipola Anarosa Molioo is excited is an understatement.
Having won two brand new Ford Ranger pick up trucks on the eve of Christmas from the Raffle of the Century, Mulipola is over the moon. Her joy is shared by her family and people who know how hard she works.
On Wednesday, Mulipola and her husband, Molioo Pio Molio’o, were presented the keys of their vehicles. They spent $1,000 on their tickets for the jackpot worth well over $200,000.
“I see this as a blessing for my family,” Mulpola told the Samoa Observer. “We are extremely grateful and humbled.”
The cars will come in handy for the Molio’os who have recently started a Car Rental company. This is on top of running the local Western Union Office as well as a tourism accommodation on the outskirts of Apia.
Mulipola said never imagined she would win.
“I was at a wedding last Saturday and I didn’t know anything about the raffle,” she said. “When my husband called, I wasn’t even thinking that it has something to do with the raffle but when he called and told me that we won two Ford Rangers, I was speechless. I was shocked. I didn’t know what to say.”
Being a busy mother and a businesswoman, Mulipola said she was occupied with family obligations and had forgotten about the raffle. It was her husband instead who collected the tickets.
Back to Saturday, having realised the magnitude of what her husband just told her, Mulipola said she celebrated.
“I was very excited. I didn’t stop dancing until the end of the wedding on that day, none of the people at our table knew why I was really happy.
“There were other raffles went in for this year and we walked out with some great prizes but this is the taualuga (finality) of this year’s blessings – two ford rangers.
“These Ford Rangers will help to our new car rentals that we’ve just started.”
Mulipola acknowledged the hard work of the Committee behind the raffle.
The raffle was organised by Marist Brothers Old Pupils Association. Proceeds from the raffle would be used to fund developments at Marist Brothers Mulivai school and St. Joseph’s College at Lotopa.
Vice President; Masuisui JR Pereira, congratulated all the winners.
“We want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,” he said.
“We especially want to thank all our sponsors including Ford Samoa, Taula Beverages, Business System Ltd, Ace of Clubs, Ah Liki Wholesale, Krissy, Farmer Joe, Marist Brothers School Mulivai, Saint Joseph’s College, Alafua and the Samoa Commercial Bank (S.C.B).”
The Lucky Winners;
1. First Prize / New Ford Ranger – Ticket number 06521 – Marist Brothers School Mulivai.
2. 2nd Prize / New Ford Ranger – Ticket number 49219 – Anarosa Molio’o
3. 3rd Prize / New Ford Ranger – Ticket number 02137 – Anarosa Molio’o
4. 4th Prize / $10,000 SAT - Ticket number 22613 – Alofa Tu’uau, c/- SPREP
5. 5th Prize / $10,000 SAT - Ticket number 17076 – Pacific Way Money Transfer
6. 6th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 27122 – Sebastian Lealofi – Moamoa-Tai
7. 7th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 74897 – Pete Papu Satele – Malie,
8. 8th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 29708 – Laaulialemalietoa Polataivao Leuatea
9. 9th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 40009 – Joseph Setu Jnr Tofaeono,
10. 10th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 46265- Iuni Peniamina , Lalomanu,
11. 11th Prize / $5,000 SAT - Ticket number 26574- Rugby League Samoa Inc