Amoa Resort is celebrating sweet success at the Samoa New Zealand Friendship Week Restaurant Challenge.
The dish from Amoa won the Best New Entrant – equal with the Legends Café.
“The news of wining this award has been truly heartfelt by all of our team here in Savai’i,” said Amoa Hotel Manager, Elizabeth Siaosi.
“We attribute our success to our dedicated kitchen team and staff as well as our local growers who provided us with the very best tasting Savai’i local produce which we know helped make our dish stand out to the judges.”
According to Mrs. Siaosi, in Savai’i they are fortunate to have a diverse and organic food bowl reaching from the sea to the plantations.
“Using local Salafai Palamalau (Red Snapper) matched together with iconic NZ ingredients including white wine from the Marlborough region, kiwifruit and dairy we hoped our dish to stand out to the judges with flavour, colour and creativity.
“The award has given us a boost to think more about the connections of using locally produce and using it as a selling point to promote our island as a tourist destination.
More and more tourists that come to Samoa want to eat local produce as we know it’s becoming very popular overseas to eat organically farmed foods.”
“Amoa Resort Savaii would like to acknowledge the New Zealand High Commission and the Samoa Culinary Association for co-ordinating this event as well as our growers and products used from Samoa and New Zealand:
• Salafai Palamalau – Wild caught Savaii Red Snapper (Savaii)
• Fern Ridge Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
• Taro from Siufaga Plantation (Savaii)
• Garden Tomatoes & Laupele (Savaii)
• Garden herbs from Lalomalava Village Gardens (Savaii)
• Aano Young Coconut Flesh (Savaii)
• Kiwifruit from Zespri Growers (New Zealand)
• Trio Colour Capsicums (New Zealand)
• Mainland Fetta ( New Zealand)
• Anchor Whipped Cream (New Zealand)
“We are proud to have participated and be involved in the week of Pacific fusion around Samoa. For further enquiries please contact Elisabeth Siaosi on 7600957 or email email@example.com.”