The last Parliament session for 2017 is underway at its make-shift home at Tuana’imato.
The session started with a Parliamentary Prayer Breakfast this morning, led by Reverend Peteru Fiaumi Taua of the E.F.K.S. Lepale, Fasito’o-uta.
The bill on the agenda this morning include:
1. Supplementary Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2017/2018;
2. Casino and Gambling Control Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2017;
3. Alienation of Customary Land Amendment Bill 2017;
4. Crimes Amendment Bill 2017;
5. Immigration Amendment Bill 2017;
6. Income Tax Amendment Bill (No.2) 2017;
7. Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank Bill 2017.
Parliamentary Awareness Programme for Civil Society
The Office of the Legislative Assembly will host its 2nd Parliamentary Civil Society Programme, on the same day Parliament meets for its final sitting 2017.
The programme aims at strengthening ties between Parliament and the public by increasing awareness about the works of Parliament.
More importantly, the programme seeks to develop relations with the media so as to be able to report Parliamentary proceedings to the public effectively.