A small house where the trash is stored at the old Yazaki Building at Vaitele caught fire yesterday afternoon.
But thanks to the quick response by the Fire and Emergency Services Authority, they were able to eliminate the fire before it spread.
Falaniko Leomalie, who was at the scene, told the Samoa Observer the trash was on fire. He wasn’t sure how it started.
“We arrived together with the F.E.S.A.’s fire trucks; and they were able to put the fire out within 20-30 minutes. It was not a big fire,” said Mr. Leomalie.
More than five firemen were at the scene.