Cyclone Gita did not leave behind any casualties.
That’s according to the Ministry of Police Superintendent and Media Spokesperson, Auapa’au Logoitino Filipo.
Auapaau also confirmed that an incident in Sapapali’i Savai’i last week did, where a bus stalled in the middle of a flooded ford, did not hurt anyone.
“There have been no reported casualties or any lives claimed from the natural disaster,” he said.
“Since last week Friday up until today, we have not been notified of any lives taken due to Cyclone Gita, including the flooding.
“Even the incident that took place in Sapapali’i in Savai’i, we still have not been notified of any casualties.”
Auapa’au says the only incidents they are working on from the weekend are the break-in reports from two supermarkets in Apia.
“Only two shops have reported break-in incidents yesterday morning. These shops are located in the town area and Police are investigating the matter.”
Mr. Logoitino also warned the public to stay vigilant and stay alert because we are in the season of cyclones.