Salelologa Village Council presents suspects to Police

By Deidre Tautua-Fanene ,

1583 Hits

THE DAMAGE: The Salelologa market after it was ransacked by men last week.

THE DAMAGE: The Salelologa market after it was ransacked by men last week.

The Salelologa Village Council has handed in three suspects of the Salelologa market attack to the Tuasivi Police station on Wednesday morning.

The three are suspected to be involved in the dispute between Salelavalu and Salelologa last week.

This was confirmed by Police Spokesperson, Auapaau Logoitino Filipo yesterday.

“At the moment the Police are interviewing these three suspects in connection to the matter,” he said.

“We haven’t charged them yet because we are still conducting investigations as well as interviewing people about the matter.

“However, two suspects from the village of Salelavalu have been charged with actual bodily harm in connection to the dispute between Salelologa and Salelavalu last week.

“One of the suspects is 36 years old and the other one is 21 years old,” he said.

“They are under Police custody until 26 June, 2018 for their Court appearance.”

Last week Monday, Savai’i residents heading to the wharf to board the Lady Samoa were stuck in traffic because the road between Salelologa and Salelavalu was blocked in the morning. 

According to reports out of Savai’i, men between Salelologa blocked the road near Salelavalu.

Rocks were reportedly thrown and while other vehicles were damaged, others were stopped and searched.

© Samoa Observer 2016

Developed by Samoa Observer in Apia